My personal tips to keep yourself as happy as you can be !
1. Love yourself - If you don't love yourself how can you expect anyone else to love you? Loving yourself doesn't mean being big headed, and thinking you’re the best thing to grace the earth. It simply means loving, accepting and respecting the person you are. Having a high standard of what you expect from others to be and act like around you is important. Making yourself a hard target to reach in a romantic sense will sort out the men from the boys. For many woman happiness can come from having the right kind of relationships around you. So keep standards high and really love the person you are. But remember, don’t cross oceans for people who wouldn’t cross a puddle for you.
2. Do things that make you happy - Do things for yourself. As point 1 suggests you are important, worthy and you matter, so why wouldn't you do the things that make you happy? Take that class you're interested in, go to the places/attractions you want to go. Do the things that make you happy, even with a smaller budget you can still treat yourself now and again! Your responsible for your own happiness.
3. Surround yourself with positive people - The people around you do shape your moods if you are around negativity and constant moaning, it's natural it will rub off on you. Yes we all love a good moan, but we all know that one friend who barely ever says anything positive and always has a million problems in their life. Try to distance yourselves from negativity, be around people that make you smile, make you laugh and above all make you a better person. At the saying goes, positivity breeds positivity.
4. Don't like something change it - Too many of us put up with things we don't like. If you don't like your job then make the relevant changes. Don’t like the way a friend or love one treats you, then tell them. Don't like your personal appearance? Then seek advice as to how you can change this. It really is as simple as you make it. The only person who is truly holding you back is YOU! No more excuses, it’s time to change. It’s time to live life at a new level.
5. Make the most of yourself - You are the only version of you, there wasn't a soul on earth created the same as you, no one else could ever be you. No one could have the exact gifts you own or the talents you hold. So again it is up to YOU to make the most of yourself in whichever way you see fit. Whether that be your career, personal life, being a good mum, keeping fit try to be the best at all you do. Do the things that for fill you and make you feel good. Try to use the unique talents you where given to do good in the world. However small you think they maybe they are huge to others if you let them blossom. Even if you feel as though you lack in some areas you will exceed in others. Ask yourself this: ‘What’s something I have that everyone wants?’.
6. Take care of you - For men and woman this is important, but even more so for us ladies. Make sure you get enough rest, eat well and pamper yourself. When you look good you feel good. Have a bubble bath, now and again get your nails done. Even with young children it's important to make time for a little bit of you time. Ultimatelyyou will feel better and do a better job. It's not a crime to have an hour or two to you. Your relationships will be stronger because you feel good; your partner will appreciate your efforts and will keep things alive in that area. If you have children their care will be better if you’re looking after yourself too. Please don't think of yourself as selfish just to ask for an hour to have to yourself as you deserve that.
7. Don't sweat the small stuff- Try not to worry too much about small things. With ages this generally gets better, but it is really hard not to worry. What is going to happen will happen, you can't change it. I have to constantly remind myself of this point as I often worry how I am perceived by others. But by telling myself that what will be will be helps a lot! Remembering that if bad things happen or people hurt us there is a reason. The light that comes out of the darkness is a lot stronger and brighter than a light that is constant. In the same way a person that has been through hardship is generally more compassionate, strong and enlightening than a person that has been through nothing. Your hardships shape and test you, but always know things will get better. Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us
8. Know who you are - when you know who you are you become ten times stronger. No one can tell you what you are or who you are. It becomes like a bubble to bad and negative energy. This is what I wish all young girls could be taught especially in schools when there is more likely to be bullying. Words cannot penetrate through to you when they are false. You won’t give a thought about false words when you know yourself. So if someone calls you dumb you don't even look up it's just amusing to you. Sometimes a bad relationship or a partner can try to put you down or make you feel unworthy in some way. However, when you truly know you and your worth these words should mean nothing. It's a strength you have to know yourself in your heart and soul you know who you are, and what your good at. What you can work on and what you exceed in and you know you’re not the person they are trying to perceive you as. Don't give it a thought and know yourself you will be a hundred times happierI promise you.
9. Be kind- Be kind to others, when you do kind things for others you feel good in yourself. Others will generally remember these things and return the favour, but it's important not to expect anything back just do it because you can. Try not to bitch about others too. We all find people annoying, but try not to dwell on being negative or if you do it with someone you trust. This will avoid any drama in your life. Kindness and manners costs nothing a simple smile and a kind word can mean the world to some people. Think about your actions and being good will make you feel happier.
10.You get out what you put in- Honestly, this applies to everything in life. You attract what you give out the energies you give out will be what you attract. So to be happy will attract happiness. Smiling , being positive and upbeat will make other positive happy people gravitate towards you, and in the process making you more happy